Saturday, July 5, 2008

Miscellaneous news and story

OK, I know, it's been a long time since I have posted on here. I have been a bit busy. Tonight, I just want to highlight some things:

First of all, I have joined the "Facebook" generation. I held out for a long time, but realized I best get involved. You can look for me there as well.

Second, we are leaving for Oregon tomorrow, and I will be gone a week. I am SO EXCITED about that. It will be good to see my sister, and the weather is FABULOUS!

Third, the conference in Austin was good. I have much to do before school starts, and I just about hyperventilate just thinking about it, so don't mention it. I really cannot do anything until I get back anyway, and by then I may have a heart attack about it. AAAUUUGGH!

Fourth, did you know that if you look up things to do in Austin it talks about the 1.8 million bats that fly out from under a bridge every night as the best thing to do there? We went and saw them, and it was neat, but for a big city? That was it? Weird.

Now I would like to share a "trip down memory lane" story:
Yesterday, I was getting into my car with my son after we had been in a store for a while. The sun was beating down upon the car in our absence. Because it was hot, we were wearing shorts. When we got in, I felt as though the back of my thighs were on vinyl seats--remember before cloth seats? You would have to keep towels in the car in the summer because the seats would get burning hot, and if you didn't, you just stood up holding onto the head rest (no seatbelt laws back then) because you weren't about to blister your legs from a hot seat. Well, that's how my legs felt. I felt the seat, and it felt as though it had some sort of plastic mixed in with the fabric: a kind of scratchy mixture that definitely didn't feel like normal cloth. I had never noticed this before, but my legs quickly showed me of my oblivion. OUCH! I always hated vinyl seats, and that little reminder made me thankful for cloth seats.

4 comments:

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

Have fun on your trip!

Shelden said...

so far it has been so fun at aunt Beth's house. I can't wait until we start to do something.



-Shleden

Mom Sterrett said...

Hello Michelle,
I enjoyed reading your blogspot. Your family is such a fun one to read about. I love you all.

Just mostly wanted to say "hi", "bye" and I miss you all. Chris and I are leaving for New Orleans in just a bit...we come home Thursday...which brings me to a question I wanted to ask before I leave. I'm going to be having house guests (Mercedes and Audriana) from the 22nd until the 31st of July...I'd love to have Molly during some of those evenings (Paula has the girls during the day)...so can she come sometimes? I'll call you later with more information.
XXXOOO
Mary

TheEditor said...

A note on the Austin bats... they do have a strange "city motto" in Austin: "Keep Austin Weird." So your description fits well. :)