Friday, August 29, 2008

Scott's Snak Shack

When I was in high school, I worked at a small "mom and pop" hamburger shop called "Scott's Snak Shack." The owners' last name was Scott. I had a great time there getting to know the people of our small hometown and learning what it was like to earn a wage. Dennis used to come in there and mess with me (i.e. telling me to come to him because he had something to tell me and then ripping out my headband letting my hair look a wreck, etc.) with or without his girlfriend (before me). We both have many memories of the beloved Snak Shack.

We have taken the kids there to eat some of the "cuisine" on our way through town over the years. About a year ago (or so) they were bought out, and it is now "Big G's". Same food, just different owners.

All of this to say that my youngest daughter, Molly, informed me the other day that she and her friends play "Scott's Snak Shack" on the playground! They get in the little house-looking-thing on the playground and yell at the top of their voices, "Scott's Snak Shack!!" looking for customers. I laughed so hard and still laugh at the thought. I got to see it first-hand the other day at school. It's quite funny. I bet the owner, Sandy Scott, would find it comical and yet honoring. If anyone sees her soon, please let her know that Scott's lives on at Covenant Harvest School's playground. :)

6 comments:

C Bannon said...

Hey Michelle! I think I finally got this figured out! I, too, have many great memories of the Snak Shack! Too funny that Molly plays it! My fave memory of there that involves you and Dennis is when I was working and you guys came to tell me he'd proposed after the concert! I was so happy for you, and honored when you asked me to be in your wedding party. I had to LOL about him taking the headband out of your hair, that is soooo Dennis! hehe

Michelle said...

Yes, he was always quite the jokester, huh? Do you remember me dancing around with the broom and singing like a rock star while we were cleaning? haha I remember laughing a lot with you and Brent. Good times.

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

hahahahaha

Jamison said...

You should dance around our house with a broom. That would be nice.....hehe. Den

mgraphic said...

Did you know I work for a short time (part-time) at the snak shack in Caney while I lived there working full time at Kopco?

Michelle said...

NO WAY! What year? That's funny--so you can enjoy my story, too. :) It really was a great little place.