Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thanks to all my fans/new stuff

I want to say thanks to those of you who have encouraged me to keep writing. It made me feel better about it and ready to expound more.

New stuff:
Have you experienced this phenomenon? I believe most people have. I have realized that if life was like a time line, then a lot of people that were in my life in the beginning of the line are no longer a part of it, but I have gained new people in the "newer" parts of the time line. For example, I have lost grandparents to death, and I no longer talk or have relationship with many of my childhood friends, high school friends, etc. However, now I have people in my life that weren't there to start out with, but are very much a part of my life. I am glad I have reconnected with a few people from my past. It has been great. The deal is, I am trying to live for God's purposes, and it is hard to connect to people that are not because I have nothing in common with them except the past. My friends from the past that ARE trying to live for God I can relate to and have something to talk about with them. It's wonderful. Time and distance seem less when we "talk". It proves to me that who we are as kids is not always who we end up being. That is a strange phenomenon. But can be a fantastic one.

1 comment:

Jamison said...

I hear ya. However,I see a huge opportunity to become a witness to those "past" people. What better way to show them Christ than to tell them how you have changed. -Den