Friday, August 22, 2008

Is this mic on? and school year

I'm thinking about not writing anymore as I think nobody is reading this thing.

Anyway, I had a great summer, I had a major breakthrough as a teacher, and I spent quality time with my family.

School has begun. We have had 3 days, and I am EXHAUSTED! It's good, though. I love it. I have to be a lot more on my toes this year with these boys. I feel like the last 10 years have just been a training ground for this year. There's no way I could have taught this class 2 years ago or when I first began teaching 10 years ago. I see God's hand in all of the timing that has brought me to this place.

I also began to realize that I didn't "miss God" like I thought all of these years that I had. I always wanted to be a teacher, but, just like one of my previous blogs tells about, I was told I would be poor the rest of my life. I received a business management degree, and a year after that thought I really missed God by not getting a teaching degree. God revealed to me that I didn't miss Him, He knew that is what I would do, and I was saved from learning how to teach the wrong way. I have been schooled on the job and by Him, which is way better for me and the students. That was SUCH a relief, and I have a confidence now that was lacking.

Now my aim is to point the students at all times toward God. Why do we learn, obey rules, learn Logic/Latin/History, etc? To glorify God.

It's going to be a great year. It may be exhausting, but well worth it.

6 comments:

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

I am offended

mgraphic said...

Hey - You are being heard! I sometimes come around here to check out your stories, this is the first in a month! (I love the story about wanting to enter sweepsteaks when Sammy turns 18)

Wow - I didn't realize you have been teaching for 10 years now - that is awesome!

Love you and Dennis!

Keith M

Michelle said...

Thanks, Keeter!

Tiffany said...

I am an frequent reader of your blog. :) Don't stop writing. I love to read what's happening in your world.

Jamison said...

I dig it. I look every day to see what more you have written. Except that I have not checked in a few days because you had not written in weeks...I like your words. You should say more...Den

Jwls said...

Agreed w/ your husband.
You write very well and I stop by but am so thankful when you give me a heads up to read your new blog ~ I see you don't always do this since some blogs look new
Anyway, you help me when you write so please don't stop and please don't think no one reads ~ who knows one day you may have a famous book then movie from your blogs like Little House