Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Great year

This has been a great school year. I had the privilege to teach my oldest daughter and one other terrific young man. They are such a great class, very easy to teach. Yesterday in chapel each teacher got up and spoke about what we see in our students and we got a chance to tell them how much we love them and will miss them next year. It was very touching. Fortunately, I get to still teach my students next year in the afternoon, so I am not exactly losing them for good. :) We do several things with the 6th grade class, too.

Here are some highlights of this year:
  • Learning a new and very long Bible song
  • Having a Thanksgiving brunch in class with 6th grade
  • Having a very special Lord's Supper together as a class; 5th grade only
  • Watching The Crossing in History class--good movie!
  • Reading Bridge to Terabithia in reading class and being shocked by some bad language
  • Watching Bridge to Terabithia in reading class
  • Reading The Cay in reading class
  • Doing projects about The Cay in class
  • Comparing the book Johnny Tremain with the movie
  • Reading The Indian in the Cupboard in class
  • Watching August Rush with 6th grade class
  • Having a week of celebrations with 6th grade
  • One student's mess around his desk
  • The girls coloring
  • Decorating the 6th grade room for Valentine's Day
  • Our Christmas party at school
  • Our end-of-year carnival
  • Singing "Superhero" in chapel
  • Getting new desks!
  • Having an all-school fun day
  • Wacky Week

4 comments:

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

It has been such a great year! I do not want it to be over! I am going to miss you and Mrs.V as teachers so much! I loved this year! It went by so fast! I hope that next year goes by a little bit slower!

Anonymous said...

I also had a great year with shelden and christian too when 5th & 6th joined together. i can't wait till next year:)

Shelden said...

I loved this year. I'm going to miss having you as a full time teacher. But it is time to move on. I'm looking forward to next year though. I think next year is going to be great. I like the part in the list about the kid with the messy desk. Lots of love,



-Shelden

Shelden said...

these are all from students.