Thursday, May 8, 2008

My baby

I cannot believe my oldest daughter is going to turn 11 in two days. All those corny sayings about children growing up so fast are true. I truly cannot believe how quickly 11 years have passed. I was 11 years younger, which doesn't seem possible, either. :) I hope I am raising her to have her priorities straight: to love God with all her heart, soul, and mind, and to love others as herself.

Lovely Young Lady
by Michelle Jamison

She has grown to be a lovely young lady.
Where did all the time go?
She no longer plays with dolls, but maybe
She has turned play into song.

She has grown to be a lovely young lady.
Does she know she's as beautiful inside?
She writes psalms and song a-plenty
From the depths of her heart and mind.

She has stolen time and grown three feet.
What am I to do?
I must tell her all she means to me
Before childhood is through.


I love you, Shelden-skins!

4 comments:

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

AWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

Tiffany said...

That was amazing! I loved it! :)

Shelden said...

Mom. You almost made me cry. Lots of love,



-Shelden

Anonymous said...

how sweet you must love your daughter a lot!!!

Toddles!!
dolphin