Monday, May 5, 2008

It's May!

So I have the song, "The Lusty Month of May" going around in my head from the musical Camelot. Terrible lyrics because it is so ungodly, but a catchy song nonetheless. Of course, that makes me want to watch the musical...it's my favorite, especially when Richard Harris played King Arthur. He will always be King Arthur to me. In the video I have of it, he plays the part with so much life, that he is all but spent at the curtain call. He looks so exhausted. I appreciate that kind of dedication. I have always loved the story: the knights of the round table, King Arthur, how he came to be king, etc. The music is quite lovely and catchy. King Arthur loves so deeply and loses everything he holds dear. It doesn't stop his love, though. That reminds me of how much God loves us. We become unfaithful at times, but He still loves. Anyway, it's MAY. "It's here, that shocking time of year..."

5 comments:

Shelden said...

I have heard of Camelot,but have never seen it. Sounds interesting. Lots of love,


-Shelden

Jamison said...

I seem to remember a chance meeting with another actor who player ol' Art... - DJ

Anonymous said...

I have never have heard that muscial before but it sounds good.

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

I love May! I have always wanted to see Camelot. I am a big musical fan. Some day I am going to go see one on Brodway! Did you know that Clay Akin is now in Camelot on Brodway!

Michelle said...

I did not know that. Thanks for the insight. :)