Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Breakfast Nazi

I forgot one story about our K.C. trip. We barely made it in time for the continental breakfast offered by the hotel. The five of us grabbed our food and I sat down. The hotel lady came over and asked if I wanted anything else. I thought, "That's strange. If I wanted something else, don't I just get up and get it?" However, I answered her, "No, thanks. I'm fine." She looked a bit confused, and she said, "Because I am about to clean everything up." She said the breakfast ended at 9:00AM. It was 5 after now. I told my family to get everything they wanted as she was shutting it down. 9 o'clock seems awfully early to shut down breakfast, I think, and she was militant about it. She quickly was clearing it away. We counted 6 more people that came down for breakfast after that, and they just grabbed what was left that she hadn't put away yet. We called her the "breakfast nazi". (If you ever saw the "soup nazi" on Seinfeld, you'll understand.) "No breakfast for YOU!" She even had a foreign accent. Maybe she got off work at 9:30? Hmm...doubtful.

3 comments:

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

I hate it when people act so sarcastic at work! They act like they are the only people in the world!

Shelden said...

She was so annoying & sarcastic!!!!

Jamison said...

I thought she was nice. I think she was Belgian. There were waffles, I saw em....