Monday, March 24, 2008

Shopper's Rage

I find that I'm not a very patient person sometimes. For example, when waiting in lines, I will look around for a shorter line so that I can leave quicker. However, having banking experience, I know that just as soon as I move to a shorter line, there will be a reason that the new line becomes slow, and the line I would have moved from is now checking out the person that was behind me! So, most of the time, I wait. (I hate it when I am the cause of the waiting.)

I also am not patient when I am walking through a store and people decide to stop right in front of me to chat with someone else. If I do that, I always try to move my cart or myself to the very edge of the space so that people can get through. I do not find that everyone else uses this courtesy. People block aisles and don't even try to move out of the way. Or people that are walking slower than I am will not scoot aside, they just keep up a slow pace until I can find an opening to get around them. AARRGH! I really don't know why this bugs me so much, but it does. Maybe God is trying to teach me patience, but I am not allowing it?...Hmm...

Maybe I have "shopper's rage"?

6 comments:

Shelden said...

I'm sorry. I forgot I was one. I accidentally wrote three.

Jamison said...

Patience, hmmm...what is that? I have the same problem in traffic. Just GO!! Why are people slowing down!! Grill mounted machine guns...the answer to all the worlds woes. Rubber bullets of course, just knowing they are on every vehicle will make everyone drive nicer!

Crystal said...

That is like the most annoying thing that could possibly happen when i go shopping.Don't worry I feel your pain.
Bailey

Shelden said...

That's kinda like when we had to wait in line behind the lady with all the baby food. Do you remember how much baby food she had? TONS!!!!!

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

That is just part of shopping!

Kerri said...

Well remember me in Target with that boys last weekend? THAT was shoppers retirement. All three of us were ready to go home.