Friday, March 14, 2008

Doctors

Why must it take so long when a person goes to the doctor? First, you wait in the waiting room, reading old magazines until you tire of that. You look around at everything possible in the room: pictures, plants, posted notices from the doctor, the decor. After the nurse FINALLY calls your name, you end up telling her your issues, get your blood pressure checked and get weighed (possibly). After she leaves the room, you wait...again. You begin the "looking around" process all over again, because, after all, it is a different room. You try to enjoy the music, but really, everything is driving you crazy at this point! Where is that doctor? You think to yourself, "OK, I'll grab one of these magazines just to pass some time." ...You finish it...WHERE IS THE DOCTOR? Finally, the doctor comes in, and now you have forgotten why you were even there. (OK, maybe not)

Shouldn't doctors just schedule patients at the real pace that they generally work instead of piling us up and having us wait so long? AARRGGHH!

And don't get me started on them not calling you back. If you have an issue, you call, leave a message, and they tell you they'll let the doctor know and get back with you. REALLY? Because I never hear back. Someone isn't being honest. Now I'm told I can go on-line and send an e-mail, and he will receive it. I'll have to try that next time I'm in a situation where I need answers.

Sorry, I just went to the doctor yesterday...

4 comments:

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joy said...

Amen sister!

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

Usually my doctor does not take that long.

Cyndi lu said...

If we're thinking about the same doctor, you won't hear back from an email either. The nurse gets it, reads it, doesn't tell him and then you STILL never get a response.
AAARRRGGGHHH!