Thursday, March 13, 2008

Kids say the funniest things

My children cause me to laugh a lot. Their actions and their way of thinking can be quite humorous. For example, one time a few years back our whole family went to eat at a restaurant called "Gauchos" where they feed you a LOT of meat. As we were sitting around the round table enjoying the time together as a family, Molly took a bite of steak. She chewed and chewed and chewed. She finally looked at her Dad with a strange face and said, "Is this meat gum?" Meat gum! We laughed and laughed, and we still will talk about meat gum anytime one of us gets that piece that seems to never go away. (We have all had those, huh?)

Most recently, we were eating together again (good things happen around the table) when Dennis was asking the kids about feelings they have about growing up. He asked Sammy, "What are you looking forward to about turning 18?" Sammy quickly replied, "Entering sweepstakes." Dennis and I erupted in laughter. I can see Sammy watching things on TV that state, "You must be 18 or older to enter...", and him thinking, "OK, when I'm 18, I'm going to enter those sweepstakes." Funny stuff.

When Shelden was about a year or year-and-a-half old, she was looking through some books on our shelves. One of them happened to be a cookbook with a picture of chicken on the front. She called chicken, "Gaga." I looked over at her, and she was licking the front cover of that book. I asked her what she was doing, and she said, "Gaga," and licked it again.

I love my kids' humor.

6 comments:

Jamison said...

I read your post, then I laughed until I stopped. Love you! Den

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

That meat gum stuff is great!

Michelle said...

I love that story about meet gum. I still laugh when I think about it. I forgot about that story about Sammy and the sweepstakes. Love your blog and you yourself. Lots of love,-Shelden

Jamison said...

It is "Meat gum" Shelden. Hope that was not one of you spelling words!! I love you guys...Bunches! See you tomorrow. We will do something fun!

Joy said...

Funny stuff!
Joy

mgraphic said...

I am old enough to enter sweepsteaks, I just wish I was old enough to win them!!