Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Girls at play

I was watching my girls play "spa" last night and had to smile. They were soaking each other's feet in hot water, painting their nails, and giving each other a massage. They would calculate how much was owed and pay in fake money. They were also talking to other "employees" and "customers". It was so fun for them. (I even got a massage out of the deal.) My oldest wants to be a beautician when she grows up, and maybe have her own spa? I used to play "school" at home when I was growing up, and now I am a teacher...could this be Shelden's way of playing the role of her future?

2 comments:

Shelden said...

I love playing spa. I do want to do those things when I grow up. I love you. -Shelden

Joy said...

Watching kids play is so fun and can tell you a lot about where they are and what is important to them. And I loved hearing about what little girls play. It is a mystery to me.Thanks for sharing!
J