Saturday, April 12, 2008

Yard sales

I love going to garage sales/yard sales. I love finding killer deals on things for the home, my kids, or myself. The kids like it sometimes, as long as we don't get them up too early.

Yesterday, I went to one after school with the kids. I found some neat things new with tags for the kids. The ad had stated that they would have some Christmas wrapping paper. I asked about it, and she told me she sold some, but still had more to go through and would have it out there at 4:30PM when her husband got home. I explained how our church sends boxes of items that are wrapped to Mexico at Christmastime, and we go through a LOT of paper. I told her I would check back. I'm thinking to myself, "You're having a yard sale and you don't have it all out there yet? What are you waiting for?!" Anyway, I went home, did some things, and went back later. Guess what? NO PAPER! AAUUGGHH! Fortunately it wasn't too far from my home, or I would have wasted more gas than I did. And, when I asked her if she put it out there yet, she said, "No..." She didn't even offer to go get it now that her husband was standing there. Hello! Do you want to get rid of it and make a sale or not?! That was irritating.

2 comments:

Shelden said...

I told dad that they were not even worth getting up for. They sucked & they were crappy. Lots of love,

-Shelden

Jamison said...

I am thinking a little wife on wife hand to hand combat would have been in order. Should have marched into her house and taken it! HAHA!!