Friday, April 18, 2008

God's promises

Last night the kids and I did our devotions, and we have been discussing how God keeps all of His promises. After we finished our reading and talking, the kids made "promise boxes". They ended up being so cute and inventive, even Sammy enjoyed it, which he doesn't usually get too into the "craft" thing. I gave them small boxes with lids (size like what checks come in), and I wrapped the lids separate from the box having the wrong side of the wrapping paper showing so they would have the whole box white. They then decorated to their heart's content with stickers and wrote whatever they wanted on them (my promise box, etc.). On pieces of paper they wrote out God's promises to them and placed them inside the box. I told them whenever they feel down or need encouragement to open their box and read God's promises to them. God always keeps His promises. Thank you, God!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is a really good idea. I'll have to remember that for children's church sometime. You are such a good mom. :)

Love you
Tiffany

Shelden said...

I loved making "Promise Boxes" Lots of love,


-Shelden

Jamison said...

I agree with Tiff. You are a great mother. I am very glad you are doing the devotions with them. I wish I had more time to do them daily. I love you. DJ