Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Poison ivy or sumac

So I Am Changed
by Sibelan Forrester

Now that I am an initiate
I see it everywhere, the glossy
triangular eyes of its young
leer at me from every garden
and roadside in recognition.

All these years I didn't know
what might be out there to get me,
but now wherever I walk I keep
an eye out for that glossy leaf
and tendril, lurking at the edge
of the lawn, the soft touch
and proof of my angry imperfection.



I somehow got poison ivy or sumac about 10 days ago and am still breaking out and miserable. It feels as though I will always be "marked" and my body will always have these red blotches to prove it. I hope they go away and do not scar. I am so itchy, so tired of looking splotchy, it's embarrassing. Can I just say that I hate poison ivy?...

3 comments:

Shelden said...

Ditto. I think you might be even more elergic (excuse my spelling) to it than I am. Lots of love,


-Shelden

Jamison said...

I feel SOOOOO bad for you and Molly. I hope it clears up soon. I wish I could fix it for you. Den

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

It will go soon. It was so unlucky that you and Molly got it.