Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Encouragement

I asked God one time, "What can I possibly do to walk in my 'calling'? I don't know how I can make a difference in people's lives." God, speaking through a minister, told me that one thing I can do is write encouraging notes to people. I began doing that every once in a while, and it seemed to really mean a lot to people. I didn't do it very frequently, however, and once more I asked God what I could do. He reminded me about writing encouraging notes, and I decided to try to write at least one per week to someone that He would give me words for. It was a great year when I did that. I usually had more than one per week, and although not everyone came back and thanked me, it was just good knowing I was obeying God. I stopped doing it for awhile, but I am ready to get back to it. You know, when you know that you can help in ANY way for the kingdom of God to expand, whether it's cleaning the church, mowing the lawn for someone, working in the nursery, etc. it is good to just go ahead and walk in those ways. He blesses you in the process especially when you do it with joy. I love to be an encourager. I hope more people become aware of ways that they can encourage others. For me, it's not about that person thanking me, it's about knowing that God gave me those words to say to them, and it must be His timing for them to hear them. Also, when you have something encouraging written down for you, it's nice to go back to it in the hard times.

6 comments:

Jamison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamison said...

I want one! HEHE. Just kidding. You should write notes to the kids, encourage them in their callings. Molly could use it....Den

Shelden said...

I think that is a good idea to write those things down. Lots of love,


-Shelden

Abigail Kreighbaum said...

That is such a good idea to write notes of encouragement.

Michelle said...

It's not my idea, it's God's. It says to encourage one another in the Bible. :)

Anonymous said...

whoa! I didn't know that doing that would have such and impact on peoples lives. I wonder what god has in stored for me with my calling?
Toddles!
dolphin